Dade Legal Aid is pleased to introduce Class VI of the Dade Legal Aid (“DLA”) Leadership Academy. The mission of DLA’s Leadership Academy is to engage the future leaders of our community to serve as Ambassadors for Legal Aid. The Academy recruits Fellows whose distinguished resumes reflect accomplishments and concern for the profession. Many have excelled in their areas of practice, accepted pro bono cases, hosted events, and pledged to do more for the community. The goals of the Academy are to enhance the leadership skills and civic engagement of a diverse group of lawyers by connecting with other Legal Leaders of influential firms, members of the judiciary and clients in need. Fellows are selected to serve for a year and will develop a deeper understanding about important issues facing Dade Legal Aid and the indigent in our community.
“The purpose of the Academy is to expose young legal talent to Legal Leaders in order to allow the Fellows to develop a deeper understanding of effective leadership while learning about important issues facing Dade Legal Aid and Miami’s indigent population. Fellows are selected based on their professional experience, leadership and service to the community,” said Karen Ladis, Executive Director. “Fellows will be fully equipped with skills necessary to serve as Ambassadors in the legal community and beyond.”
Throughout 2021, the Fellows will be presented with unique opportunities to develop connections with each other and to expand their knowledge of DLA, while creating lasting relationships and developing a strong commitment to pro bono service.
Class VI of the Dade Legal Aid Leadership Academy includes the following attorneys:
· Pheonix Barker, Rumberger, Kirk & Caldwell, P.A.
· Beau Blumberg, Deutsch, Blumberg & Caballero, P.A.
· Frank Florio, Kozyak Tropin & Throckmorton
· Brianna Hathaway, Jones Day
· Freddy Kasten, Rumberger, Kirk & Caldwell, P.A.
· Eric Kay, Kozyak Tropin Throckmorton LLP
· Klugy Mathurin, Nelson Mullins
· Kayla Mosquera, Hamilton, Miller & Birthisel, LLP
· Karissa Peralta, Florida Guardian ad Litem Program
· Pedro Alejandro (Alex), Dade Legal Aid
· Michael’s Deborah Saint-Vil, Catholic Legal Services, Inc.
· Kimberly Slaven, Zebersky Payne Shaw Lewenz, LLP
· Jeremy Solorzano, Solorzano Law PLLC
· Nathalie Sosa, Weil, Gotshal, & Manges LLP
· Mahalaxmi Subramanian, Reorg Research, Inc.
· Ingrid Benson-Villegas, Walton Lantaff Schroeder & Carson LLP
Dade Legal Aid (“DLA”) provides a critical safety net of legal services for the indigent of Miami-Dade County in the areas of Family Law, Domestic Violence, Guardianship, Children & Foster Youth Advocacy, Bankruptcy, Housing, Foreclosure Defense, Probate, Nonprofits, Legal Clinics for the Self Represented, Venture Law, Taxation, CLE Educational Trainings and Community Workshops. For more information, please contact Stephanie Grosman, Staff Attorney, at 305-579-5733 ext. 2224 or email@example.com