Dade Legal Aid provides a critical safety net of civil legal services for the neediest residents of Miami-Dade County by offering an array of services to the underserved segments of society. Together with the Bar Leadership of the Dade County Bar Association and its numerous affiliated voluntary bar associations, we are committed to providing “Access to Justice” to those who need it most.
- Family Law & Family Stability
- Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault
- Child & Teen Advocacy
- Consumer & Bankruptcy
- Human Sex Trafficking
- Guardianship & Probate
- Housing & Real Property
- Community Development
- Venture Law
- Intellectual Property
- By Laws & Taxation
- Pro Bono Activities
- 100% Law Firm Projects
- Law School Partnerships
- Self Help “Pro Se” Clinics
- Educational Workshops
- Leave a Legacy Housing Program
- Veterans Affairs
Our team of dedicated staff attorneys specialize in the areas of: Family Law, Domestic Violence, Guardianship, Child & Foster Youth Advocacy, Guardian ad Litem, Non-Profits, Legal Clinics, Venture Law, Housing, Bankruptcy, CLE Educational Trainings and Community Workshops. Dade Legal Aid serves over 5,000 clients annually utilizing a strategic mix of experienced staff attorneys, pro bono attorneys, law firm partnerships, law school stakeholders and dozens of collaborations with diverse organizations and groups with the common goal of assisting vulnerable populations and families living in poverty without means to hire an attorney and unable to be served by another agency. Our advocates perform important, life-changing and often life-saving work in areas of law including the protection of children, families, the elderly, the disabled and medically fragile, victims of domestic violence, abuse and sexual assault and other vulnerable populations with health income/ maintenance issues, subsidized housing cases, mobile home cases, social security, food stamp, Medicaid and matters of Unemployment Compensation.
Dade Legal Aid is dedicated to clients and their well-being, especially in the most difficult and trying circumstances, both in terms of client needs and the complexity and difficulty of the legal issues we handle. Typical clients may have one or more of these characteristics:
- Lack access to medical, mental health or other critical services
- Lack access to housing, technology and transportation
- Lack ability to speak for or fend for themselves due to various disabilities
- Lack access to the legal system and at risk of falling through the cracks
- Lack legal protection for a disabled family member or loved one
- Children in dependency proceedings experiencing abuse, abandonment or neglect
- Foster youth aging out of the system with lifelong needs lacking family, skills or resources
- Victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking, dating violence and sex trafficking
- In or in process of eviction, foreclosure, facing loss of home or bankruptcy without representation
- Facing extraordinary barriers and unusual obstacles requiring our expertise to resolve them
- Unable to be served by another agency due to legal problem or case type.
Click here to support our work. Your assistance has never been more critical.
Dade Legal Aid is inclusive and provides appropriate auxiliary aids and services at no cost to deaf or hard of hearing clients and companions. If you need a special accommodation to participate in our program you may contact Eileen Coto at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 305-579-5733 ext. 2240 for assistance.