Amidst a pandemic, Dade Legal Aid launched Class VI of the Dade Legal Aid (“DLA”) Leadership Academy bringing together young leaders of our community whose distinguished resumes reflect their accomplishments as well as their concerns for the profession. They have excelled in their areas of practice, accepted pro bono cases, hosted events, and pledged to do more for the community. The goals of the Academy are to enhance the members’ leadership skills and civic engagement by connecting Fellows with Legal Leaders of influential firms, members of the judiciary and clients in need. During the year, will develop a deeper understanding about issues facing Dade Legal Aid clients and the indigent in our community. Meet our 2021 Fellows:
- Pheonix Barker, Rumberger, Kirk & Caldwell, P.A.
- Beau Blumberg, Deutsch, Blumberg & Caballero, P.A.
- Frank Florio, Gunster
- Brianna Hathaway, Jones Day
- Freddy Kasten, Rumberger, Kirk & Caldwell, P.A.
- Eric Kay, Kozyak Tropin Throckmorton LLP
- Klugy Mathurin, Holland & Knight
- Kayla Mosquera, Hamilton, Miller & Birthisel, LLP
- Karissa Peralta, Florida Guardian ad Litem Program
- Alex Perez, Dade Legal Aid
- Michael’s Deborah Saint-Vil,Catholic Legal Services, Inc.
- Kimberly Slaven, Zebersky Payne Shaw Lewenz, LLP
- Jeremy Solorzano, Solorzano Law PLLC
- Nathalie Sosa, Weil, Gotshal, & Manges LLP
- Mahalaxmi Subramanian, Reorg Research, Inc.
- Ingrid Benson-Villegas, Walton Lantaff Schroeder & Carson LLP
Dade Legal Aid (“DLA”) provides a critical safety net of legal services for the indigent of Miami-Dade County in the areas of Family Law, Domestic Violence, Guardianship, Children & Foster Youth Advocacy, Bankruptcy, Housing, Foreclosure Defense, Probate, Nonprofits, Legal Clinics for the Self Represented, Venture Law, Taxation, CLE Educational Trainings and Community Workshops. For more information, please contact Stephanie Grosman, Staff Attorney, at 305-579-5733 ext. 2224 or email@example.com